Originating 21 years ago as the Capitol Centre’s major fundraiser in support of Arts and Culture in North Bay, this year’s Hops and Vines Fundraising Gala, on November 4, will feature Alan Frew (musician-author-speaker- and lead singer of Glass Tiger) as our headliner.
Assistant will report to the Sponsorship Director/Wine Gala Coordinator to
assist with the coordination of the event.
with the Wine Gala Coordinator to coordinate all gala committee activities
leading up to the event
all prospect lists related to Live Auction, Silent Auction, Raffle and
on-site event support at the Gala and other special events taking place in
advance of the event
with creation of event plans, budgets, materials, and post mortem reports
with communication with vendors, donors, committee members, and volunteers
with social media updates and providing responses to inquiries for event
office files and donation records
notes at Gala Committee meetings
with decorating and event set up
duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have
superior interpersonal skills, be detail oriented and have the ability to work
independently and problem-solve on the spot. Gala experience is a plus, as is a
demonstrated ability to manage a variety of tasks and complete priorities under
deadline pressure. Must be available all day and evening for the day before and
day of the Gala on November 4, 2017.
This is a 10-week position beginning in early to mid September. Most weeks will require 10 - 15 hours per week (3 – 5 hour days per week), except for the two weeks leading up to the event which will require time in the office each day.
Please send a resume and cover letter to
email@example.com with “Gala Assistant) in the subject line by 6:00 p.m. on September 4, 2017.
BOX OFFICE MANAGER
Centre is seeking a Box Office Manager. This position is ideal for
someone who is looking for a wide variety of experience within the arts and
entertainment industry, has interest and experience in customer service and is
Office Manager is responsible for the following:
• Daily maintenance/administrative duties in the Box Office including daily reports, scheduling and bank deposits
• Inputting all events, donations and sales items into the ticketing software system and keeping all information relevant and up-to-date
• Regularly providing patron data for marketing purposes
• Implementing and overseeing Box Office promotions and campaigns
• Handling customer inquiries related to purchasing tickets, as well as providing support for the online ticketing software
• Manage Capitol Centre memberships and communicate with loyal patrons regularly
• Hiring, training and overseeing telemarketers for annual telemarketing campaign
• Must have exceptional computer skills
• Post-secondary education related to the arts (or a combination of education and relevant experience)
• Experience in sales and customer service, enjoys working with the public and directs trouble shooting.
• Bilingualism is an asset
• Hiring: Immediately
Please send your resume to Katina Matheson, Director of Business Operations, Capitol Centre by Monday, Sept. 4. Email DBO@capitolcentre.org. Not for profit salary range commensurate with experience. We appreciate that many may apply for this position but only those required for interviews will be contacted.
Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturdays 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
In July and August, our summer hours are 11:00 am to 4:00 pm from Monday to Friday.
On a performance night, the Box Office will remain open until showtime and open one hour before Sunday Cinema (Sunday at 7pm)
Wheelchair Accessible Ramp
Accessible Seating Locations
150 Main Street E, North Bay, ON
Toll Free: 1-888-834-4747
Phone: (705) 474-4747