Media Release - Bluesfest 2021
For Immediate Release
July 29, 2021
BLUESFEST RETURNS - BIGGER, BETTER, BADDER!
After missing a year due to the pandemic, BLUESFEST has come roaring back bigger, better and badder than ever with an expanded four-day event for 2021! A free movie, Open Mic Night and Bluesfest Art Exhibit have been added to this year's event. The ever-popular Blues Cruise will sail again with live music on board. Plus there are now two full days of outdoor concerts, totalling 12 different acts performing on Saturday and Sunday on the outdoor stage on Main Street. Headline acts for this year include Jack de Keyzer and Crystal Shawanda.
"As this is our 5th Annual Bluesfest, we're really pleased that we were able to secure additional funding this year to help us expand the event into 4 days! " said Dan Misturada, Interim Executive Director. "We specifically focused on expanding the event in a way that further includes local musicians and artists!"
Tickets go on sale August 6th, 2021 at 12:00 noon. Here is the Bluesfest lineup:
Thursday September 2nd - inside Capitol Centre
- 7:00 pm – The Blues Brothers Film (1980) screening in Betty Speers Theatre
- 8:30pm - Bluesfest Art Exhibit opens in WKP Kennedy Gallery
- 8:30pm – 10:30pm – Open Mic Blues Music night in WKP Kennedy Gallery
Friday September 3rd Chief Commanda II
- 7pm – 10pm – Blues Cruise on the Chief Commanda II featuring Jake and The Fundamentals
Saturday September 4th - outdoor concerts on Main Street
· 4pm – 4:45pm - Josh Berry and band
· 5pm – 5:45pm – Blue Screw
· 6pm – 6:45pm - River City Junction
· 7pm – 7:45pm – Johnny Max Band
· 8pm – 9pm – Suzie Vinnick Band
· 9:15 – 10:30pm – HEADLINE ACT Jack de Keyzer
Sunday September 5th - outdoor concerts on Main Street
· 1pm – 1:45pm – J Houston Band
· 2pm – 2:45pm – Jake Thomas (Solo set)
· 3pm – 3:45pm – Mckenna Henderson (Trio)
· 4pm – 4:45pm – Tony D Band
· 5pm – 6pm – Spencer Mackenzie
· 6:15pm - 7:30pm - HEADLINE ACT Crystal Shawanda
Tickets go on sale to the public August 6th at capitolcentre.org.