Please note that our elevator for access to the second floor and lower level is currently out of service due to extended servicing.
The lift is expected to be repaired by Thursday, October 12.
For further assistance, please ask a member of our Front of House team, or call the Box Office at (705) 474-4747.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
- All public areas of the Capitol Centre are accessible spaces, including washrooms on each floor, the 2nd Floor Galaxy Circle Lounge, Art Studio, WKP Kennedy Gallery, Redpath Box Office, and the Betty Speers Theatre (with the exception of the balcony seating).
- An elevator is available for access to the administration floor and the basement for events in other parts of the building. (During non-performance days see the Box Office Associate to have it unlocked for you.)
- There are two accessible parking spots in the municipal parking lot behind the Capitol Centre with a ramp for access at the McIntyre St. entrance.
- There is a wheelchair on site available to anyone who may need it. Please see a staff memeber if you would like to request use of it.
- Front of House staff and volunteers are provided with training on AODA Customer Service Standard and appropriate methods to serve disabled visitors best.
Learning outcomes from the training include:
- Awareness of the AODA legislation and the Customer Service Standard.
- Awareness of the importance of access for disabled visitors, staff, volunteers and artists, and the four principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity.
- Increased confidence by the staff and volunteers when welcoming and hosting disabled visitors to empower staff and volunteers to respond to individual needs.
WKP Kennedy Gallery
- Accessible seating is available for viewing exhibitions, and service animals are also accommodated. The gallery staff and volunteers are available to help make arrangements for your accessibility needs.
Betty Speers Theatre
- Accessible seating is available for performances. We are also able to accommodate service animals. Please contact the Redpath Box Office to purchase your tickets and make arrangements for your accessibility needs.
- For seating outside of the accessible section, there are railings in the theatre to assist patrons going down the stairs and our ushers are also able to provide aid if required.
- Assistive hearing devices are available from the Redpath Box Office or Front of House.
- Support persons are offered a complimentary ticket when accompanying an individual who requires support for accessibility reasons